Ok. So, I know it’s summer and all, but I can’t stop craving soup! I have had just about all the salad I can stand over the past few months. Once in a while mama wants a hot tasty comfort meal. My pregnancy cravings seem to sending me in a soup spiral! This baby is all about a comforting bowl of soup these days!
Luckily, we’ve had quite a few rainy days which I felt justified me whipping up a yummy pot of homemade soup!
My husband and I have very different views on what a meal should be. I could live on a bowl of soup or 3 a day, and Nick… well to be frank, he’s a soup hater. I KNOW?! Who hates soup? Am I right?
Well as it turns out, he may be converted! After having a bowl of this summer veggie soup, Nick actually got up for seconds! Not only that but he said “babe are you sure this is healthy?! It’s so good!” Why yes this soup is absolutely 100% healthy, and still 100% Hubby approved. This is a huge win in my book!
The best part about this soup is it could not be easier to throw together. There are only a few simple ingredients, all of which are in season at the moment. I literally walked around the farm and our farm stand and picked my favorite summer veggies and whipped this baby up. I grabbed a zucchini, yellow squash, onion, potatoes, and of course our famous Krupski Farms white corn (any corn will do though) and got to work! I think I will be making this soup again and again until summer ends!
Like I said, the recipe is super simple and and quick! Give it a try, and see what you think!
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 35 min
- 1 cup potatoes chopped
- 1 medium zuchinni
- 1 yellow squash
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 gloves of garlic minced
- 1 Tbs coconut oil (or EVOO)
- 5 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1/4 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 heaping tsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1 tsp salt because my stock was unsalted)
- Heat coconut oil in large sauce pan, then add onion and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add garlic to pan and sauté garlic and onion until they both begin to sweat.
- Add potatoes and sauté for another 2 minutes, then add remaining vegetables and all seasoning. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the 5 cups or vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Once the soup comes to a rapid boil, reduce to a simmer. Allow the soup to simmer for about 25 minutes then enjoy!
See! How simple is that?! This soup is healthy, hearty, and so quick and simple to make! It’s a hit in our house and I’m sure I will be making a few more pots before summer is over to freeze for the winter!
I hope you try this recipe out and enjoy it as much as we do! If you try it, leave me a comment letting me know what you think!
Love and light,